I’m not going to lie, I have never really considered myself a bargain shopper which is super unfortunate for my husband, huh? But if the adoption process as taught me anything, it’s how to pinch a penny.
If your toddler is anything like my threenager, ya gotta have a plan.
- Kid’s Summer Movie Series ($4) – Each Thursday at 10am, Boulevard 10 is playing a movie for kids! That’s a movie, a small popcorn, and a small drink for less than 5 bucks. Say whaaaat?
- Summer Reading Program Events (FREE) – Every Monday for the month of June starting at 10am, head down to the Coastal Branch Library in South Walton for some fun! Each week is a different theme, featuring things like Reptile shows, bubble shows, games and crafts and even derby racing!
- Aly’s Beach splash pad + Charlie’s Donuts (FREE + under $5) – Okay, what kid doesn’t love splash pads and WHO doesn’t love donuts!? You can hit up the Charlie’s Donut’s truck anytime between 6:30-noon (or until the donuts are gone!) then make your way over to the splash pad for a picnic and some water fun!
- E.O. Wilson Biophilia Center ($5 for kids 3-12, FREE for kids under 2) – Enjoy trails, animal shows and feedings, and an interactive museum. Perfect indoor (and learning) activities for a rainy day! Located in Freeport and open to the public in June & July from 9am-2pm on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Stories by the Sea (FREE) – Storytelling for all ages at Solomon Square in Seaside each day at 4:00pm. Every day will feature a new story and sometimes even opportunities to participate for those of you with brave littles!
There you have it! 5 things to do with your littles this summer that cost $5 or under.
What else should a mom on a budget be doing this Summer?! Let us know in the comments!