Living at the beach certainly has it’s perks. For us, that includes seeing the sunrise on the beach. Easter is coming, and there are several local services that will let you do just that.
Bring your blankets and chairs, come casual or in your Sunday best, totally up to you. They’re more relaxed than a formal Sunday service (read: the kids can be a little louder😉), and you’ll have one of the best views on the planet for Easter morning. I mean, we might be a little partial, but there’s just nothing better than an Emerald Coast sunrise.
If you’re looking to have your Beach and Easter too, these beach services in and around the Destin area might be for you :
EASTER MORNING SERVICES April 16, 2017:
Destin United Methodist
- 6 AM Beach Service, Henderson State Park.
- 7:30 AM Beach Service, The Crab Trap in Destin
- Destin United Methodist FB page
Hope Lutheran Church
- Easter Sunday Sunrise Services at 6:30 and 8 a.m. on the beach at Ed Walline Park on County Road 30A.
- Hope Lutheran FB page
Good Shepherd Lutheran Church of Shalimar, Grace Lutheran Church of Destin, Holy Trinity Lutheran Church of Fort Walton Beach and St. Paul Lutheran of Niceville
- 37th annual Easter Sunrise Service on the beach at 6 a.m. Sunday at Beasley Park on Okaloosa Island.
- Grace Lutheran of Destin FB page
- Seaside Beach, Coleman Plaza (The Obelisk) at 6 a.m Sunday. In case of inclement weather, come to the Seaside Chapel.
We love the beachy vibes of these morning services, but if you’re looking for a more traditional Easter Sunday service, those are happening too. Also, please keep in mind that weather, and schedules, can change. Contact your church for the most up to date information.
Looking for more Easter weekend activities? Check out our event calendar.
Did we miss any? Let us know in the comments below or contact us if you know of a Sunday beach service in Destin or South Walton not listed here.